You are new to the use of essential oils and I suppose you will have many questions on how to use them. I suggest starting small, using one oil at a time and seeing how your body reacts or feels when using it. Start by diffusing essential oils with your diffuser or inhale them directly from the bottle, take notes of how it makes you feel and try each of your oils.
Make them part of your daily life, you and your body will notice the benefits, start by making a small analysis of what systems in your body need support for you to do your own routine. Use them also for personal care, cleaning of your home, in your pets and you will see that soon you will be learning.
However, I consider it important to share with you some basic tips for the safe use of your essential oils.
1. Always have pure vegetable oil on hand. Vegetable oils act as diluents of essential oils in case they cause you discomfort or irritation on the skin.
2. Keep the bottles of your essential oils tightly closed and put them in a cool place. If you guard them correctly, they retain their properties for many years.
3. Citrus oils such as grapefruit, lemon, orange, bergamot and others are photosensitive so be careful not to expose them to direct sunlight or ultraviolet rays for at least 24 hours.
4. Keep oils away from the eyes area and never apply them directly to the ears.
5. Menthol-rich essential oils (such as mint) should not be used in the throat or neck area of children younger than 30 months of age.
6. Pregnant women should always consult their doctor and follow suggestions for use during pregnancy.
7. Before consuming internally a GRAS essential oil (generally regarded as safe) test your reactions by diluting a drop of essential oil in a teaspoon of blue agave, olive oil or rice milk.
8. A safe place to apply essential oils is on the soles of the feet.
9. ALWAYS read the instructions for use of your essential oil label.
10. Keep them out of the reach of children like any other therapeutic product.
Before you begin try the essential oils on the skin. Each body is different, so apply it first in a small area. Apply one oil at a time and if you are going to use more than one oil wait for 3 to 5 minutes before applying the second oil.
Be careful when applying essential oils on the skin that has been exposed to cosmetics, personal care products, soaps and cleansers containing synthetic chemicals. Essential oils can produce a reaction to such chemicals and cause skin irritation, nausea, headache or other unwanted effects.
They can also react with toxins generated in the body by chemicals in food, water and the environment. If you experience a reaction you can interrupt your application and start an internal cleaning program before using them again.
Follow these guidelines and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us! Fall in love with your essential oils and give them the best benefit for your well-being and that of your family.